Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's my Friday and I'll cry if I want to...

Picture heavy day. My second non-scarf FO:




Mag Knits tank of many colors done in Knitpicks (KP) Shine sport again. This time in Orchid, Blush, Grass, Butter, and Apricot. Very cute colors. Maybe because I was used to this yarn by now combined w/knitting in the round, this only took me one week, including changing the stripes. I was amazed how fast this flew. But of course, it wouldn't be one of mine if I didn't make an big mistake. Being a newbie knitter, I was not aware that there is a difference between seed and moss stitches. Even though the pattern writer specifically noted it was:

row 1: k1, p1
row 2: k1, p1
row 3: p1, k1
roe 4: p1, k1

I went:
row 1: k1, p1
row 2:p1, k1

D'oh! Nevertheless, I'm happy with how it came out.

Picture #2: Anouk by Kate Gilbert (pattern in knitty.com) done in the "new" version of Mission Falls 1824 cotton. Cute, no?!? No glaring mistakes that I know of though I did have to re-do the left shoulder as I changed my orientation to the pattern by accident. Still need to find some cute buttons for this:

Picture #3 & 4, my WIPs in KP Shine worsted in Snapdragon and KP Main Line in Dusty Lavender.

This is for DD1 - Debbie Bliss "Molly" bolero from Junior Knits.



A very late gift for a friend. Back & left front done. That's the right front up there.

And that's it for now. More pics to be posted later (yet another Clapotis!) and my Article Pract sale (well, mostly) haul.

No comments: