Saturday, June 07, 2008

Monkey Kaw Kaws & a Cowl of Kindness


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A
Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Kaw Kaw - dyed for Camp Crows Feet Sock
Camp
needles: KP "1.5" (2.50 mm) circs
mods:
- Channel Island cast on that we learned at Sock Camp.
- Standard slip stitch heel since I've already done the St st heel on my Algae Monkeys


I'm ready to keep my neck warm next winter, though my 2 monkeys considered turning this into a tube top. Well, technically Monkey1 wanted to, but Monkey 2 could actually do it with room to spare. However, this mommy says no to Monkeys and a cashmere blend yarn. 'Cause it's mine, all mine!


pattern: Cowl of Kindess based on Chawne's Socks of Kindess
yarn: Handmaiden Casbah (Ruby Red?)
needles: size 8 KP circs
cast on 104 sts (did not do a gauge swatch so can't tell you what it is)
unblocked dimensions: 9" high x 10" across flat

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Well done, you!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay for finishing Monkey Kaw Kaw socks :) And I just love love love that Cowl (I pondered sneaking it out of your bag today, but really I should just knit my own!!!). Great seeing you today!!

tapmouse said...

AWESOME! I sure love that cowl!I can just see your monkeys trying to wear it for their own, personal tube top!

Batty said...

The Monkeys look great, but the Cowl really blew me away. That's my favorite red right there. The color looks fantastic with dark hair, you really are ready for winter.

gilraen said...

Beautiful Cowl and Monkeys!!!! :)