Sunday, October 23, 2011

Comfort Food

When Irishgirlieknits usually asks me to do a test knit, I usually do and I'm glad I had the opportunity to test knit the fingerless mitts from her current pattern set, Comfort Food.  It was also an honor since the pattern has special meaning for Carrie since it was in honor of her late grandmother, Mimi.


It's the just how life goes that when I started the cowl to complete the set, that an extended family member had also passed away.  So this pattern is quite the contemplative one.


It's been a little warm, so my Monkeys were not in the mood to model any knits for me, but the younger one humored me anyway.


Yarn: Ella Rae Classic superwash in Royal
pattern size: medium for the mitts


needles: size 8 Knit Picks Harmony circs
mods: None since this was a test knit

This set will be a gift for one of the Monkeys' teachers as I have wide hands and plan to knit the larger size in the fingerless mitts pattern

2 comments:

dianne said...

I love how Monkey 2 is wearing the cowl like a mini poncho! So cute :-).

CeltChick said...

Good grief, I hope you have a baseball bat for when that one turns 16! She looks to be a heart-breaker for sure. Lovely cowl & mitts, I'll see if I can find a recipe somewhere...