I could sew. Not so much anymore. Then again I had way more time and patience in jr high for the fiddly parts than I do now. Ironic since I love to knit and crochet.
I looked at a bunch of free online tutorials & and cobbled elements of all of them to use up 2 entire fat quarters just to see how big a bag I'd get and to check my m-i-l's sewing machine after we had it serviced. I figure it would be a good way to re-start my sewing since it involved only straight lines. I still need to take final measurements but it's large enough for Monkey1 to fit one skein of Red Heart super saver skein for her crochet project (she wants to make a throw blanket!), her lanyard project, and a pair of shorts. So far, the seams are holding, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Knitted Babe Flower Power Mini pattern:
Since it was a long time since I sewed a garment, even a little doll one, I just blindly followed the pattern without checking online if there were errata or construction issues. I only realized after I cut the pieces that the size given for the skirt portion was too small to give the fuller gathered skirt look. I could either cut an additional piece to add on or re-cut another piece more to the correct size. Since Monkey1 was fine with the less-than-full skirt look, I just finished off the skirt. I had issues with the order for sewing the lining of the bodice 'cause it left me w/doing the armhole last w/bias tape. PITA so it looks really sloppy/crappy at the underarm seam. But the rest of the dress is okay. Next time I sew a dress/outfit from the book though, I'll need to do a full-on pattern review before I start cutting & sewing.
Knitted Babe Net Tutu:
Knit Picks Palette in Blush, I think
size 3 KP circs
scrap netting/tulle sewn in by hand - I've been keeping an eye out at the local Joann's & finally snagged a remnant in pink recently
And I'm finally making significant progress on my first Digitessa sock. I messed up the beginning of the gusset because I got confused w/the charts and waffled on which side my M1P right and M1P left were supposed to go. I'm now on chart 5B for the leg and upsized my needle to a size 2 (2.75 mm) to account for the snuggest portion of the leg.
Next up: If I remember, I'll flash my custom buy stash that tapmouse got me from Sock Summit 2009 since I couldn't go.