Sunday, January 03, 2010

Back from vacation

We got a little bit of snow. Just enough for a little snow angel & snowman-making.


After what seemed like an infinite amount of 2x2 ribbing, I am done with my mother-in-law's belated holiday gift:


Seamingly Simple Vest
Cherry Tree Hill Twister in Waters Potluck (assuming it's the same base yarn as BMFA's Twisted) - I think this is discontinued by CTH
size 10 KP Harmony circs
size: to the waist as my m-i-l is a petite lady


Finished 2 pairs of gift mitts and half of Monkey1's mitts , mainly because I forgot to bring the second ball of yarn to match up the color progression per Monkey1's request. All in need of a wash & block, though I did steam block one of the Evenstar fingerless mitts just to see.

On the left:
Fine Cabled Mitts by Anne Hanson
Koigu KPM in a blinding chartreuse - I have no idea what to set my camera to so it doesn't fuzz out
size 3.00 mm KP Harmony dpns
small/med size

In the middle:
Evenstar Gloves
Shekinah's Alpacas 100% alpaca 2-ply sport - bought from Piedmont Yarns booth at Stitches West 2009 (IIRC)
size 3.25 mm KP Harmony dpns

On the right:
Jasmine fingerless mitts by Adrienne Fong
Crystal Palace mini-mochi in Neptune Rainbow
size 2.50 mm KP Harmony circs (need to double check)
mod: extra lace repeat in total to make cuff/arm length a little longer


And on New Year's Eve for the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Blue Moon Cast On, I took a picture of what the blue moon looked liked up in the Sierras and I cast on the only BMFA skein I had with me:


Rockin Sock Club 2009 Sept yarn & pattern
pattern: Knetted by Cat Bordhi
yarn: BMFA STR medwgt in River Rocked
needles: 2.50 mm KP nickel-placed circs
mod so far: added an extra diamond to the leg to make it slightly longer

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year's weekend and best wishes for the upcoming year and new decade.

6 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

Your Knetted socks are lovely! What a great project to celebrate the blue moon!!

Happy New Year!! xo

Zonda said...

Happy New Year! Lovely projects and good to know about the Knetted, I want to have a bit longer cuff.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love all of your knitted gifts! And yay for casting on with the new year!

Happy New Year!

dianne said...

Exactly what vacation should be, a time to enjoy what gives you joy! From the stack of finished projects it looks like you had lots of that :-)

tapmouse said...

Yep-the ribbing would have driven me crazy! The mitts all turned out lovely-very productive cabin-time, I'd say!

Batty said...

I'm just finishing some Fetchings, which are my... third rib project in the past, oh, month or so. I completely empathize. All that ribbing! It's time to cast on something that's mostly stockinette.