Sunday, February 28, 2010

Closing Ceremonies


Finished on Wednesday with time to spare!


Pattern: Shawl that Jazz
Yarn: BMFA Luscious Single Silk in Beached (almost 2 skeins)
needle: size 9 & 10.5 (bind off only) KP circs - my 8's were tied up on WIP's
mod: the extra ruffled version


top: BFL mix in Bleeding Hearts
l-to-r: Tumbleweed, Lenka (nicely out of my comfort zone), Rabia, ValenTINA, Vancouver Violet


I'm glad I finished early since I got to cruise through the Stitches West Market in a relaxed mode. I spent most of the time looking at lots & lots of fiber, testing spindles, and just enjoying the atmosphere. Aside from a smaller budget, the time spent meant I was a little more thoughtful about what I should buy. My final BMFA buys were nicely restrainted with just some lightweight STR and only one BFL mix roving. I already had some BFL & Polwarth from a Verb from Keeping Warm after my beginning spin class, so I felt I didn't need to get more yet.

After such an exciting end to my February knitting, I can go back to my usual schedule.

6 comments:

Kel said...

Congrats! I love that STR single silk. I didn't know you did a spinning class- That is great! I never did get the hang of a spindle.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous shawl!!! And a very restrained but lovely BMFA purchase!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous finds! Love the new colors!

dianne said...

Congrats on the finish! Your shawl is lovely :-)

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing your shawl--it's lovely. And you showed such restraint in the BMFA booth. I'm impressed. It was great to see you at Stitches!

tapmouse said...

Pretty good haul, I'd say! And the shawl is lovely! I think I need to figure out a shawl, though still not sure which!