Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gre-e-e-e-een. Green, green, green...

My FO's seem to accidently have a green colored theme.


Rib and Cable socks by Ann Budd (Interweave Knits 2005) - sorry, Ravelry link
Koigu KPM in acid green
size 2.50 mm KP dpns

mods:
- CO 70 sts
- skipped the fake seam stitch in the heel
- a regular wedge-type toe


It's a good thing I don't have this friend online so I can share. I am still debating on fixing the other acid green Koigu sock where I tried to carry over the cable pattern from Anne Hanson's Fine Cabled mitts pattern. I'm trying to decide if her partner should have a coordinating pair in the same colorway or if I should do a second pair of the Rib & Cable socks in a different color like red (still in Koigu) or blue (not Koigu).


For no one in particular, so I'm adding to the gift stash. I wanted to give the Stitch Nation yarns a try. It helps when they provide a single skein pattern.

All Day Beret
Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe in Eucalyptus
size 6 & 9 KP circs

I still need to wash & block it, so I don't know how much this will grow yet.


And for Team Twilight, something like the hat Bella wears in the Eclipse movie. The yarn was on sale at a local yarn store & I like these colors together even though they were not an exact match to the movie hat.

Eclipse Hat
Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran in 126 (Sea Green?) & 151 (Oatmeal)
size 8 & 9 KP circs
mods:
- CO 88 sts like the Rachel Bearse version for a larger size
- tubular cast on in the round

3 comments:

dianne said...

I love the cable and rib sock pattern. Someday I'll knit them myself :-) Wow, they are green!!

Discoknits said...

That was the first sock pattern I ever knit!!! Love your green ones :0)

Batty said...

Love the bright-as-all-getout socks! That's the kind of color that brightens a dark, gloomy day, not that we're into dark and gloomy yet. The beret and the hat both look great. I really like movie knits that aren't an exact, 100% match... because it's a movie knit a certain character wore, but it's also a real hat for a real person. It's very nice.