Monday, October 15, 2007

I decided to finish

... since I plan to make another pair of Firestarters anyway in my Wollmeise.

Monkey1 decided that my sock blockers wouldn't do and decided to stuff kleenex into the socks for "better" modelling.


But here's what they look like on my feet:


Pattern: Firestarter by Yarnissima
Yarn: Socks that Rock medium weight mill end in Marbles (but color isn't on the label)
needle sizes: 2.75 & 3.00 mm KP circs (aka size 2 & 2.5 needles)
modifications due to yarn substitution:
54 stitch count
1 less cable repeat on foot (differing row count)

Thoughts:
The heel turn is a little loose. I either need to add 1 more short row repeat or switch needle sizes on my next pair.
Once I got used to the chart notation and how the pattern's written, it was fun to knit.
The doubled yarn bind off was interesting, but with the thicker yarn I was using, might not have been the best choice.

2 comments:

IrishgirlieKnits said...

I'm glad you stuck with them. They look fabulous :)

tapmouse said...

Oh! They look great! And I like Monkey 1's idea of stuffing the socks. And make sure you thank her for helping me pick out the roving!