Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Back to the usual

My secret project is done & handed off to the proper person Monday night, just in time for her to take pics before sending them on. I hope I did well. I am back to my sleeves, but for a little something different I started the transitional rows from the toes to the foot on my Cleopatra's Stockings. Wow, sock club members weren't kidding with the twisted stitch pattern being a little tricky. (eta - it's that cabling a yo & a regular st tbl!) This knit looks like it will need some quality focus time.

So I've decided that I need a sock WIP that doesn't require as much focus and am gearing up to wind up my lovely Socks that Rock lightweight in Motley Hue...

for a fellow Sock Camper's pattern - Spring Forward socks from's Summer 08 issue.

Hope everyone has a lovely holiday weekend!


Nell said...

I'm intrigued by the secret knitting. I'm sure it's gorgeous! (whatever it is...)

IrishgirlieKnits said...

Oh! The Spring Forwards will look gorgeous in Motley Hue!! Its such a pretty colorway!

I have yet to cast on Cleopatra... maybe this weekend! Have a great
4th of JulY!!

Batty said...

Maybe it's a bit hard, but oh, that purple yarn is beautiful! I'm sure the socks are going to come out amazing.

tapmouse said...

I can hardly wait to see the Motley Hue knit up! LOVE that colorway!

Marisol said...

Oooohhh Spring forward in motley hue ought to be very pretty! I started a pair of those myself this weekend he he... I think this pattern is the new Monkey! Way to go Linda!

It would be pretty darn cool of us to take a picture with Linda next year all of us wearing our Spring Forward socks:)