Sunday, January 18, 2009

2008 Rockin Sock Club Wrap Up and more

I didn't expect to knit all my kits last year, but somehow I did.


(missing is Monkey1's Sweet Tart's 'cause I can't find it...yet)

The last kit was fun and fast once I focused on it.


yarn: Socks that Rock medium weight in Muddy Autumn Rainbow - how fascinating what you get when you swish in extra red dye to Fire on the Mountain
pattern: Holidazed by Anne Hanson
needles: size 2 (2.75 mm) Knit Picks Harmony dpns
patten size: medium
mod: only decreased the toe down to 16 sts rather than 8


Also completed in Socks that Rock are my Leyburn socks as part of the Socks that Rawk Raverly group's KAL.


yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in The Cookie Next Door
pattern: Leyburn socks
needles: 2.50 mm Knit Picks nickel plated dpns
mods:
converted pattern to cuff down w/slip stitch heel flap
cast on 66 sts and maintain stitch count in the foot as well

And in between all that, I finished a hat.


yarn: Knit Picks Swish worsted in Lemongrass Heather
pattern: Meret (Mystery Beret)
needles: Knit Picks size 7 & 8 nickel-plated circs
pattern size: medium w/the 1 extra repeat of the lace pattern for slouch

8 comments:

cockeyed said...

...fabulous!!!

cupcakefaerie said...

Awesome!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

You are a sock knitting rock star!! Love that you finished ALL of the club socks!!

Love that its a new year...I can be hopeful that I'll finish all of the club socks in 2009! hehehehe...yeah, right!

Unknown said...

Wow! Great job on all the socks. I'm still 0 for 12 on sock club kits. Although, I'm knitting Goody Goody. Just not in the pattern provided.

Knitting Kris said...

Your socks are beret are just lovely! I can't believe you knit all the kits! I didn't even knit one, which is sad. And the reason that I couldn't justify joining the club this year, even though all those designers were SO tempting!

Discoknits said...

So nice to see all the club socks together. My favourite colour is the red :0)

And that beret is so pretty :0)

tapmouse said...

Yes, and I see from all 6 pairs posted that five are semi-solids and in fact the last two pair are exactly the same colorway!-ROFLMAO!

OK, couldn't help it! I'm evil...

No one can say you can't justify another RSC year!

Kel said...

I love the recap! Are you psyched that the first 2009 package is coming soon?