Sunday, March 15, 2009
Yeah, I didn't do very much as I didn't bring any back up wood or bamboo needles. I broke my needles shoving them hastily into my purse before some random ride, maybe Autotopia on the 2nd or 3rd day. Not sure as all that waiting in line for various rides/autographing sessions and night shows (Fantasmic, fireworks) always blend together into one giant hazy memory. But that STR in Pixie Park sure is cute.
Other random thoughts about D-land/California Adventures vacationing:
- California Screamin' is aptly named. I loved it for the primal scream therapy. Monkey1, not so much. Apparently I've reinforced what little dispostion she's inherited from DH in the lack of love for fast roller coaster rides category. I need to wait 'til Monkey2 is much older & taller to see if she's inherited my love of roller coaster rides.
- My feet hurt. My feet hurt just thinking about our vacation.
- The gas pedals (or are they diesel?) on the Autopia cars are still stiff, so didn't help the feet issue. I realize why they design them that way, but sheesh! You would think after all these years, they'd design a better way to keep the acceleration rate low.
- There were more people at the parks than we had expected in this downturned economy, but there also seemed to be an unhappy or frantic vibe from everyone - as if everyone had paid for & planned this vacation awhile back and it's too late to back out.
- DH said he could literally see how the economy has affected Disney as it's not as pristinely clean as he once remembered it. Plus, at least 1 ride a day broke down on us while we waited in line for that particular ride. They were all back up and running within some minutes after, but neither or us remembered that ever happening the few times we've gone before throughout our lives.
- The weather sucked. It was cloudy and as cool as up here in Nor Cal. Blech. On the plus side, my wool beret, fingerless gloves, and occasionally, my scarf came in really, really handy at night.
- In the end, it was worth it 'cause Monkey2 had the best birthday vacation.