It's going to be a busy month for me with family events and special knitting for others so my WIP's will be progressing rather slowly.
As part of the Makin' Cookie's Ravelry group KAL, I'm finally working on Cookie's Hedera socks in Fleece Artist merino (I have no idea which version but it's the skinnier one) in Lily Pond.
I did goof up the gusset decreases 'cause I thought I wouldn't need to decrease all the way down to 60 stitches so I didn't move the first & last held instep stitches to the gusset/sole. It turned out I was a little too loose at 62 & so added the last set of decreases in. The only drawback to that is that I don't have the pretty gusset decreases like in the pattern. Sometimes I need to learn to trust in the designer, especially Cookie.
My second chart repeat on my Digitessa sock went a lot faster than the first once I got the hang of Yarnissima's notation & logic. It's on hold 'til I have some time to devote to knitting off 3 charts (2 gussets & the instep).
And I finally got around to finishing chart 6 of my Mystery Stole 4. The yarn for the second half is wound and once I mentally prep for that first bead row where you place them practically every other stitch, I should be ready to cast on for the second half.
The only thing that isn't on the slow boat is the beret I cast on at the Stitches West after party at Purlescence. I did have to cast on twice as I was trying another tubular cast on method, this time in the round. Too much laughter is detrimental to doing it correctly the first time round.
Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret (Rav link)
Dream in Color Classy in Black Pearl - only 1/2 skein
size 9 & 11 KP circs
this tubular cast on in the round 'cept corrected by her commentary
other mod: lengthened the ribbed cuff to 2"