Sunday, June 03, 2007

A few more FO's

Pair #4 of the Baby Ugg Booties:


I whipped up my last pair of DIY suede booties out of the Berroco Suede & Plush I bought at my first trip to Stitches West for a cousin who just had a baby. My sister is in town for a wedding, so she gets to play courier.

The Chevron Scarf is done!


Pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts ('cept I wouldn't recommend this as a last minute knit)
Socks That Rock Pisgah & Peacock medium weight from The Fold
size 5 needles

Monkey 2 woke up from her nap before I could finish steam blocking the scarf, so it's still slightly roll-ish.

Twisted Flower sock 1 is tentatively an FO:


I discovered in a thread on the flickr Cookie A Sock Creations group that a couple knitters have had to go up a needle size on the leg portion so that they could get the rest of the sock over their heel. I had planned on knitting my second sock all on size 1 (2.50 mm) KP circs instead of the size 2 (2.75 mm) Susan Bates for the legs and size 1 (2.50 mm) for the rest, but now I'm not so sure. In the meantime, I finished the first sock just to get my FO itch scratched. You can see where I ran out of yarn in the toe and had to switch to the leftover yarn a knitty.com board member graciously swapped to me.

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Where to start! Love the colors you chose for your chevron scarf! SO pretty.

Wow, the twisted flower sock looks amazing. Well done.

And I just love the Ugg booties. Reminds me I promised a friend a pair in pink by the fall. Too cute!

Betty said...

I've been seeing those Baby Uggs all over the place! I love your Twisted Flower!

Batty said...

Whoa, you're just crankin' them out! And they're gorgeous, all of them. I love the Uggs, your color choice for the scarf, and those socks have been on my must knit list forever. Gorgeous!

tapmouse said...

I still can't get over how cute those baby uggs are! And of course the Twisted Flowers continue to awe me.

Are you SURE you don't want to do the 'pose' with the Chevron?-lol!

;)

Knitting Bandit said...

You've been a busy girl! The Ugg booties are darling! The scarf is grgeous, those colors are great together!