Saturday, August 09, 2008

Cleopatra's Stockings

The pharoah is demanding but is worth her weight in rockin' socks!


pattern: Cleopatra's Stocking by Yarnissima
yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight Incredibly Shrinking Violet - 1 sk + a yard or 2 of the emergency keychain skein
size: large for stitch count, medium in foot length
needle sizes: 2.50 mm circs for the majority of the socks, 2.75 mm circs for the 1" twisted rib cuff

modification:
Per Yarnissima's original design, knit the leg charts 'til leg measured no more than ~3 in. This meant I ran short by just a little bit! I was on the last row of the twisted rib cuff and had to use my emergency keychain skein that comes with our sock club kit to finish the last row & do the bind off. I had bought another skein just in case, but decided I wouldn't wind it up for just that little bit of length.

These socks were well worth the challenge of a certain twisted stitch I wasn't fond of and the focus that was the transition from leg to cuff. I continue to love Yarnissima's designs. I just need to knit the rest that I have in my stash.


And I did cast on for my Shetland Triangle yesterday for Ravelympics 2008 bright and early in the morning. I worked on both the shawl and the rest of the second sock during the delayed West Coast broadcast of the opening ceremony. Say what you will about the role of politics in the Olympics and all, but under the direction of Zhang Yimou, the opening ceremony was utterly spectacular.

5 comments:

Zonda said...

Lovely socks!! Shetland triangle is looking good! :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! You rocked those socks!!

And look at the Shetland!! So pretty! And the opening ceremonies were awesome!!

Tan said...

ayup, her Cleopatraness's socks rock. Good luck with your shawl.

Unknown said...

I agree. Best opening ceremony EVER!

tapmouse said...

The Shetland Triangle is looking soooo good! Love that MochaBerry with in it! And the Cleopatras are DONE! You rock, Girl!