Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh, pickles!

No, not the color exactly. It's a Monkey2 saying that encompasses oopsies, darn it's, and doh's.


I was feeling content that hint #1 of my Secret of the Stole-iii (SotSiii) seemed to go at a decent pace despite the slowness of having to place the bead on with a teeny-teeny-tiny crochet hook. Then I glanced at my chart when I was about halfway done and saw that I somehow completely missed the very first bead placement. Since it was at least 20 rows later, I decided not to frog or tink down to the errant spot. After all, that pattern row only contains one bead placement only. Hopefully I'll find an online tutorial or hints to help me sew that bead in later without messing with the stitch pattern. If not, I'll have to remember not to do that single bead at the other end of the stole, assuming it'll be symmetrical.


I'll need to take a better pic of my Mystery Stole 4 (MS4) swatch later as I waited too long and the good light was gone. I'm not sure about using the Dream in Color Pansy Go Lightly as it looks more variegated than semi-solid. At least it looks better blocked than unblocked. It was a downright mess before. Besides, while my swatch width is a little wider, the length is quite short.

I do love the iridescent purple 6/0 round seed beads though. Got these at the same local bead shop I got the green 8/0 beads for SotSiii. Since I really love these beads, I'll either need to find a different lace pattern for the Dream in Color & beads or get another purple lace yarn to go with the beads for MS4.

5 comments:

Zonda said...

I think it's pretty, but you know, I have no clue about lace knitting! Hehe..um..er a skein of Hot flash is on it's way to me today, thanks ;) It could be bad, bad that I can now just call up Purlescence...eek!

Batty said...

I'm pretty sure you'll be the only person to ever know there's a bead missing. It's looking great so far, and if the bead bugs you, I'm sure there's a way to get it attached. Maybe sewing thread in a matching color?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

OMG! Zonda just calls up Purlescence! I love it..maybe she can call when we are both there and we can shop for her!! oops...side topic...

The shawl is looking good so far!! No one, well, except you, is going to notice that bead. It looks gorgeous!!

Tan said...

Like everyone is going to notice one missing bead.

tapmouse said...

I still kinda like the Pansy Go Lightly! I think it definitely doesn't loose the pattern the way my Knittery Moolight did.

I hadn't realized about the ssiii bead! Yeah, add it in later!

I noticed you uploaded a Clue 2 to your Flickr-does that mean you have completed Clue 2?! Man, I'm still only maybe 1/4 of the way into Clue 2!