Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sweet Tart


In the oh-so-stinkin' cute category:


yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Hot Flash
pattern: Sweet Tart Anklets by Marilyn Kaleikilo (aka Hot Flash the Sockateer), one of the July sock club patterns
size: small + 4 extra stitches
needles: 2.25 mm dpns for inside picot cuff, 2.50 mm dpns for rest of socks


Swatching up for Secret of the Stole-iii
yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in discontinued colorway Moss
beads: 8/0 transparent green w/gold(?) lining from Glorious Beads - my delighful local bead store
size 5 Knit Picks metal circulars (still haven't gotten around to getting the Harmony wood set) to get close to Nautical Knitter's swatch size

I'm not fond of knitting with this yarn. I can feel the residual oil or something in the yarn, but the swatch does look better when I wet blocked it. It opened it up and the yarn didn't get super fuzzy which my initial concern with using this stash yarn.


Because the Alpaca Cloud was the only solid colored lace yarn in my stash, I am at a conundrum with what to use for the Mystery Stole 4 KAL. As much as I love this Rare Gem Laci that I bought at sock camp, I think the lighter bits would make the yarn too variegated. In any case, I would go with the darker green beads (my pick) for a more subdued look rather than the brighter but pretty blue (Monkey1's pick) for whatever beaded stole or shawl I would end up doing.


I am leaning towards the Dream in Color Baby in Pansy Go Lightly since Dream in Color's yarns tend to knit up as semi-solid rather than variegated. I had one skein in my stash from Woolgirl, but unfortunately at the time, Woolgirl was out of this particular colorway. I did find a second skein that closely matched the color fo the first at Purlescence, so I will probably swatch this yarn & corresponding beads first.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote Dream in Color as well!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Stinkin' cute socks is right!! Adorable! Love love love!

I like the Dream in Color too, but to be honest, I know nothing about lace knitting :)

Zonda said...

Love them hot flashin' socks! Another DIC vote here too ;)

Flow Blue Bud's Blogspot said...

Nummy names and even nummier colors. I visit your blog just to get some color in my life.

Batty said...

I love the blue yarn with the bluish beads! Don't know why, but I'm having a blue phase right now.

The socks are great. I'm starting to wish I'd done the sock club this year too.