Thursday, July 16, 2009

A good Thursday

I finished my May RSC sock pair just in time. Don't scroll down too far if you don't want to be spoiled with the July RSC kit.


My back is much better, but not 100% so I'm not chancing the contortions needed to take a pic of the pair on my feet.


yarn: STR lightweight in Pepe Le Plume
pattern: Fraggle Squiggle
pattern size: medium
needle size: 2.25 mm KP dpns
mods suggested by pattern designer:
- Squiggled the gusset decreases
- Patterned toe


After an aborted attempt at the Dippers pattern (cool pattern, non-pleasing-to-me fat striping of the colorway), I cast on for another pair of Cottys, this time in STR lightweight in Plankton Ooze. Much better color patterning. I will definitely re-cast on for the Dippers, just in a more semi-solid colorway.


But while at the doctor's last week, I cast on for another Cookie A sock, Kai-Mei, since I wanted something more portable than my other WIP's and much, much easier, at least for the leg. The yarn is Pigeonroof Studio's Siren Two sock yarn in Midnight Haze.


What can I say about the July RSC kit that hasn't already been said. Bright fun colorway, interesting pattern, and kick-@ss bumper sticker.

4 comments:

cupcakefaerie said...

Your Cottys look awesome in Plankton Ooze!

You are my sock knitting hero with the way you can juggle several pairs on the needles at one time and manage to finish them all beautifully!

tapmouse said...

Where's that "agree" button under cupcakefaerie's post?!

Tan said...

Your Pepe Fraggle Squiggle socks are great, too! I had to skip that sock. My pattern had missing pages :( I emailed, but maybe I will get more aggressive after sock summet and see if they will send me a working pattern.

Knitting Kris said...

You are such a talented knitter! I agree that you juggle so much, and yet finish so much....can I borrow your knitting mojo, please?
PS - Awesome Ulmus in the previous posts - I love the Dutch Canyon with the Mossay - so pretty! :)