Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Vacation count

Halfway through our vacation and we've got:
- one pre-trip orthodontic emergency
- one major knee abrasion
- one horse fly bite (Ow! Foolish me wearing capris & not jeans)
- multiple mosquito bites

- and two pairs of socks done:


Cotty socks by lovely Irishgirlieknits
Pigeonroof Studios SIREN TWO sport (superwash merino/cashmere/nylon) in Orchida
size 3.00 & 3.25 mm KP dpns

Love this quick easy pattern which is available in fingering & sport weight yarn. Love the feel of the yarn, but surprised that the the spreckled colorway was way too busy even for the Cotty pattern. Maybe the lace portion will look better after the socks are blocked.


I'll probably knit this pattern again in STR since we're having a Cotty and Dippers KAL on the Socks that Rawk Rav group.


Cat Bordhi's new sock architecture
Socks that Rock lightweight Rare Gems - a My Blue Heaven off-shoot over-dyed with black
size 2.25 & 2.50 mm KP circs

Leg pattern is Crest of the Wave using the chart from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. Since the Rare Gem colorway reminded me of the tonal & shade changes of the Pacific Ocean from the shoreline to the horizon, I thought the Crest of the Wave pattern fitting.

I think that'll be it for the vacation FO's. The rest of my WIP's (Ulmus II, Monkey1's tiered skirt, Digitessa sock 1 (still!), and Fraggle Squiggle) aren't far enough along that I'll get any completed by the end of the week. That and I'm boucing between all of them so no one project is getting my focused attention.

6 comments:

dianne said...

Love the socks! They both came out great. Vaca starts tomorrow for us and I'm hoping to have a little more knitting time too. Have a great time and be sure to show us what you got done when you get back!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hope you are enjoying your vacation!!! Both finished socks are just gorgeous!!

And enough of the vacation calamities....hopefully they are over! :)

Miss you bunches!!!!

cupcakefaerie said...

Such lovely socks!

Enjoy the rest of the vacation--hopefully incident free!

Discoknits said...

Great socks, love the blues. The cotties don't look too swamped by the speckles.

Hope you're having a great vacation.

Menopausal Death Crone said...

I think they are both lovely. I'm working with My Blue Heaven right now. It's interesting to see the Rare Gem variant.

Tracybird

tapmouse said...

I so love those socks! And your Cat socks came out great!