Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Feeling a little behind

All my knitting friends and non-knitting friends (but they're all still really crafty!) are scoffing right now at that title. Maybe it's just cause RL is busy with visits from old college friends and general summer activities with the Monkeys. Or maybe it's when the summer fog comes in and hovers around that makes me feel all emo and not very zen. Who knows.


But see, I am behind on blocking my second Ulmus! One bed is unavailable since my sister is staying with me 'til she gets settled in after her move up here. And I just need to find the time to clear off the other bed to have the space to do it. So very briefly:

yarn: Socks That Rock lightweight in Potomac & Falcon's Eye (love this combo too!)
pattern size: "large"
needles size: US 5 KP circs


As Tapmouse says, you can't just have one (pair) when it comes to the Cottys. Lovely written pattern & definitely a quick knit.


pattern: Cotty by the every lovely Irishgirlieknits
yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Plankton Ooze
needle size: 2.50 mm KP nickel-plated dpns
mods: none 'cept less pointy toe


Also moving along, though much more slowly as I'm on the traveling lace panel portion, is my first Kai Mei sock. The Pigeonroof Studios Siren Two sock yarn (superwash merino/cashmere/nylon) is so scrumptious.

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

How can you feel behind when you've knit TWO Ulmus'! I totally understand though...sometimes life catches up to us!

Hope this weekend brings some catching up time for you!! Miss yoU!!

dianne said...

You may feel behind, but it looks to me like you've had very busy needles! Love Ulmus #2, very pretty color combo and honestly you'll make space to block it when it's cool enough that you want to use it!

Tan said...

You certainly shouldn't feel behind. You're actually finishing things! The socks I'm working on have been totally frogged once and picked back four rows once.

cupcakefaerie said...

Oh so pretty! Think of it this way: You're giving the rest of us a chance-albeit unlikely--that we'll catch up to you :)

I hope you've chased those summer Bay Area fog blues away!

Knitting Kris said...

Behind???? You are so quick! I love the Ulmus and the Cottys....both gorgeous!
If I had half of your knitting mojo, I would do well!