Thursday, March 13, 2008

Am I blue?

I finally finished the back of my Grace sweater. It's not like it's a difficult knit at all as everything's charted well. But the poor sweater's has been getting low priority since I cast on.


I had also hoped to finish Monkey1's Lindy Hop back as well, but I got sidetracked into trying to re-start her Lorna's Laces Uptown Dublin Bay sock. The first time around I totally screwed up the simple 4 row lace pattern. (Apparently I pay better attention when a pattern is charted up the kazoo.) So what did I do this time? Use measurements that are over 6 months old for her feet. Yup, these are tad too small. I had hope to salvage this thing by finishing them w/Monkey1's old measurements and save the pair for Monkey2, but Monkey1 wants her yarn. So now I need to decide whether to buy more Lorna's Laces Uptown (wonders if any are on sale now) or frog what I have and start over. I feel like such a maroon.

2 comments:

Batty said...

Grace looks amazing. Such a pretty blue!

I'm in a similar situation with a pair of little girl socks. The intended recipient was 2 years old when I saw her 5 months ago, and I measured her feet then. I guess they've probably grown since...

It's easier to knit a little bigger than necessary -- growing into them is better than already having grown out of them.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Its easier said than done, but maybe just frog it since its an easy pattern and you'll be back to that point in no time!