I got tagged by Tan, a fellow STR/Wollmeise-aholic.
"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Moving from our starter house in a different county (much hotter in the summer, much cooler & foggier in the winter), to our "new" larger home in his home county where we still live now. After we moved, DH's back gave out as we used our own manual labor (& a few of our friends) to truck our boxes, furniture, and hot tub.
The hot tub probably did it as there was only DH, his under 5' tall buddy, our soon-to-be ex-neighbor (thankfully taller than me, but still shorter than DH), and me to roll it sideways to get it to fit through the side gate to our new backyard. It was quite the comical scene to our neighbors, I'm sure. Not so funny later.
DH vowed we would never ever move again. Well, at the very least, vowed to shell out the money to hire movers to move our stuff. The hot tub - it died, so no more moving that ancient monstrosity. DH had much stronger friends load it on a truck & send it to the proper disposal facility.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- Exchange an undereye concealer at my local MAC counter - the MA gave me one that was much too light. Ironic since she typed me w/a foundation that was 1/2-1 shade too dark.
- Take the monkeys to their favorite ice cream place today (initials B&R with the number 31) and our local pool. Not as hot as Thursday, but it'll be warm enough.
- Finish one Leafling sock (more about this a separate post)
- Buy more $0.01 stamps. DH & I were caught off-guard with the rate increase.
- Start the weekly laundry chore.
3. Snacks I enjoy:
- Chocolate...whatever - almost all forms of chocolate
- Wasabi pumpkin seeds - I blame tapmouse for this one. Yum!
- Li hing cranberries - dried cranberries coated with a Chinese sweet spice powder which is normally used over dried plums (li hing mui)
- popcorn mixed with kaki mochi (crackers)
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
On the uber shallow side:
- Buy a tropical island like my makeup artist idol, Francois Nars. Who wouldn't want to languish indolently in a beach lounge chair (or hammock - whatever floats one's boat), on a pristine sandy beach listening to the soothing waves of the Pacific Ocean with the trade winds ruffling one's hair?
- I'd more likely buy a home in Hawaii and move back.
- Set up members of my family so they don't have to worry about the cost of just living.
- Donate a heck of a lot more to my favorite charities than I can give now.
- Invest in a company (or more than one) that can R&D or engineer more solutions to the environmental mess we've placed ourselves in.
5. Places I have lived:
Philippines, Hawaii, California (notice the eastward trend?)
6. Peeps I want to know more about:
Cockeyed - one of our beloved Sockateers!
Adrienne - just cuz
Cupcake Faerie - a fellow STR Sock Camper (keeping to the STR theme)
IrishgirlieKnits - 'cause it'll be fun to have you play