Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A pair of Leaflings

These were totally quick to knit. My typical sock pose:


I don't know why I do that sock pose 'cause it just makes my large calves look even larger. But if I really cared, I'd pose my feet differently. But I did want to show the shaped toe option:


Shaped toes are fun, especially when someone (like the designer) does the math for me. At one time I was going to do Suzanne's neat toe option, but in my focus to finish the pair before our next Rockin' Sock Club kit came in the mail, I forgot about it. It's too bad 'cause Suzanne's modification is really cool-looking.


And hopefully there isn't anyone else in the Woolgirl Hello Kitty sock club or if they are, they've go their kit already or don't read my blog since I totally blew off the spoiler alert warning. But since I won't put the pic up in my Ravelry stash 'til later this week, I should be okay. If not, my bad.


And the total non-sequitur shot of one of my Handmaiden Casbah skeins I bought at Purlescence Yarns. I had intended to post this as a YPF last Friday, but I accidently deleted it and was too lazy to add it back in. Anyway, so, so yummylicious! The other skein is green and would've been too-too Christmasy if I took a pic of both skeins together. The green skein will become socks, but this lovely skein will become a cowl. Since I chopped a good chunk of my hair and my neck is now exposed, it'll need some protection on those foggy mornings and cool winter days.

I've been good about not winding it up and casting on right away, but I don't think I will be able to resist the urge too much longer.

6 comments:

Zonda said...

Nice socks! I think I've seen them somewhere in blog land today as well ;) hehe.. Neat Hello Kitty yarn, look forward to my May sock club! Yum...red yarn

Unknown said...

Nice leaflings! I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't been knitting them.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sad thing about us finishing our leaflings at the same time is that I started mine maybe a month ago before sock camp and you started yours this past weekend. WOW!

And one of these days I'm going to sign up for the "extra" woolgirl sock shipments because that Hello kitty shipment is too cute!!

Emily said...

Love your Woolgirl HK sock kit goodies. I'm eagerly waiting for mine. I love a good spoiler! :)

Batty said...

Wow, fabulous goodies!

And that sock pose is the one I do too. Mostly because you can then see the side of the sock, as well as the front. But I agree, it's not likely to be flattering to anyone's calves.

Alison said...

So that's where their red went!...

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com