Saturday, November 01, 2008

Being Unoriginal

So Monkey1 is righteously scolding me 'cause I have caught what I thought was their mild cold and it's been kickin' my arse. Well, technically it's more like they've sent some gorilla cousins to sit on my chest all day & night. Ugh. I haven't been in the mood to knit at all, but I'm surprised I've actually accomplished something or another. This time my hat knitting karma was behaving.


Unoriginal Hat
Sheep Shop Company Two in Primavera
size 11 KP circs

No mods made. I'll have to gift this to a friend with a long head since the pattern isn't so much narrow as it is long.


The surprise is that I actually finished Hint #4 of my Mystery Stole 4 KAL. Right now it's 21" long unblocked. I don't think it'll block out significantly longer since my swatch didn't either. But it won't bother me since my SotSii stole was also on the small side.

But what I really wanted to post about is that Cookie A said we could share this about her upcoming book set to release in April 2009. I'm so excited! The pair I sample knit for her is Lindsay.

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Much better hat Karma! Very cute!

Hope you are feeling better soon! And oh my..those are some gorgeous Cookie socks!! Can't wait til that comes out!

Unknown said...

This year might be the year of the Unoriginal Hat. I've seen a couple on the blogs and I'm planning one myself. You're a trendsetter!

tapmouse said...

I'm SO there! I'll be getting that book as soon as it comes out! Hmm...may need to pre-order even!