Monday, November 10, 2008

Still with the hats

Amost done with the holiday hat thing. I am so over the hat knitting but I have one more to go for b-day brother because I'm leaning on selfish side about keeping those Noro mitts for me.

For Squid - to replace the Nottingham Hat I made 'cause Monkey1 stole it
Hermione Cable & Eyelet Hat
Crystal Palace Merino 5 Print - love this yarn, wish it came in 100 g skeins/balls instead
needle size: size 7 KP circs

- Only 1 repeat of the pattern 'cause my row gauge is significantly longer than the designer's. If I had done the second repeat, I think the hat would've been too long.
- As many other Ravellers have done, I added in the missing crown decrease round between rounds 4 & 5 (k6, p2tog) and changed the k2tog's to ssk's so the decreases would lean the same way as the cables.

Also done are my Rocktober socks. I was a little too tight at the beginning of the second sock so it had started to flash/pool vertically. As soon as I relaxed my death grip, I started to match the "non-pooling" effect of my first sock.

Crows Feet by Linda Welch
STR lightweight in Rocktober
size 2.50 mm KP dpns
extra rows in Eye of Partridge heel flap


Tan said...

I'm proud of you for sticking with your Christmas knitting. In fact, I'm proud of you for even DOING Christmas knitting. I knitted my mother a pair of gloves, but I think I am going to have to take them to her soon, while she still remembers who I am.

IrishgirlieKnits said...

Well you can sure whip out a hat like nobody's business! You just cast that on yesterday afternoon!! Love the socks too!!!

Nell said...

HAHAHA!!! Death grip!

Sometimes I have to remind myself about clutching my knitting too tight too!

Zonda said...

Love the hat and socks! I do the same thing when knitting with 1's...