Monday, November 10, 2008

Still with the hats

Amost done with the holiday hat thing. I am so over the hat knitting but I have one more to go for b-day brother because I'm leaning on selfish side about keeping those Noro mitts for me.


For Squid - to replace the Nottingham Hat I made 'cause Monkey1 stole it
Hermione Cable & Eyelet Hat
Crystal Palace Merino 5 Print - love this yarn, wish it came in 100 g skeins/balls instead
needle size: size 7 KP circs

mods:
- Only 1 repeat of the pattern 'cause my row gauge is significantly longer than the designer's. If I had done the second repeat, I think the hat would've been too long.
- As many other Ravellers have done, I added in the missing crown decrease round between rounds 4 & 5 (k6, p2tog) and changed the k2tog's to ssk's so the decreases would lean the same way as the cables.

Also done are my Rocktober socks. I was a little too tight at the beginning of the second sock so it had started to flash/pool vertically. As soon as I relaxed my death grip, I started to match the "non-pooling" effect of my first sock.


recap:
Crows Feet by Linda Welch
STR lightweight in Rocktober
size 2.50 mm KP dpns
extra rows in Eye of Partridge heel flap

4 comments:

Tan said...

I'm proud of you for sticking with your Christmas knitting. In fact, I'm proud of you for even DOING Christmas knitting. I knitted my mother a pair of gloves, but I think I am going to have to take them to her soon, while she still remembers who I am.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Well you can sure whip out a hat like nobody's business! You just cast that on yesterday afternoon!! Love the socks too!!!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!!! Death grip!

Sometimes I have to remind myself about clutching my knitting too tight too!

Zonda said...

Love the hat and socks! I do the same thing when knitting with 1's...