Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gifts received and to be given

I know I have a lot of gift knitting to catch up on. It would've been smarter if I took a pic of them all at once, but my brain's not at a smart place right now, especially when I actually starting thinking about who I should really knit for instead of thinking, "Oh, this would be a cute gift to knit...somebody." Eeek!


Le Slouch (still in need of a wash & block though)
Knit Picks Swish in Indigo Heather - I really like the heathered colors I've bought so far
size 9 & 10 KP circs
For: my cousin's daughter


Darkside Cowl (sorry, Ravelry link) - this one's been washed & blocked, but the pic is pre-blocked
Malabrigo Silky Merino in Arlene's Purples - yum!
size 8 KP circs
For N for whom I made my first knitted chemo cap a couple years ago. Still free of bone marrow cancer & going strong.


Evangeline fingerless mitts (in need of a wash & block)
Knit Picks Swish worsted in Lava Heather
size 7 KP dpns
wrist length
mod: extra cable repeat before thumbhole
for: either a co-worker or one of Monkey2' teachers


Ruffled Roses Scarf (you guessed it, also in need of blocking)
Univeral Yarns Tango
Misti Alpaca worsted & handpainted worsted
Alpaca with a Twist Baby Twist
size 7 KP Harmony circs
For...me?


Sanguine Gryphon Bugga cashmere blend (edited to correct the name)
from: tapmouse
love!


My Christmas llama to go with my birthday skein of undyed alpaca from Old Oaks Ranch (you can read my friend's article on them in the link)
from: Home on Derange - who's started knitting, though the credit goes to Penguin's friend's delightfully cute elephant, and totally not me.

I'm sure I've missed a few gift FO's I haven't posted on yet, so I'll be catching up still. But before I forget, December is also Wollmeise sock club kit time! Woot!

6 comments:

tapmouse said...

Awesome! The hat's done-looks great! I LOVED seeing and petting your Wollmeise and I must say that alpaca twist feels quite lovely! Glad you love your SG Bubba! I thought it was quite Nartianesque!

Need to make some Evangelines, too!

cupcakefaerie said...

You are amazing! I love all of your gifts. I'm still plugging away on that Chevron :(

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Great job on all the gift knitting!! Love them all!!

And yummy Bubba :) so pretty!!!

Zonda said...

Nice knits! Lovely Wollmeise colors too! I bet that alpaca is so soft too! I'm trying to finish my gift knits..soon I hope!

Unknown said...

Christmas llama?!?!??! That's the best Christmas animal ever.

Batty said...

Lovely sock club kit, I'm jealous!

Lots of beautiful knitting... I now covet the Dark Side cowl. As in, want. In a big way.