Saturday, December 06, 2008

The winner?


She got 8 out of the 10 guesses correct. I'll be e-mailing her on details on the yarn hand-off...cause it's a running joke between us that we won't tell each other exactly we live since we're in the same exact bellybutton town in the Bay Area. Our stash live a little too close together. ;)

Of course, I bought all this stuff before getting details on BMFA's online Barn Sale this weekend. In any case, I'll be buying a sweater's worth of Woobu since Purlescence didn't have the color I wanted. So what did I buy for my birthday?


left to right: Grimm's Willow Wren, Hobgoblin, Potomac, Gingerbread Dude, and Cookie Next Door


left to right: Oma Desala, Jubilation, Alley Oop, Hurdy Gurdy, Treehugger

Considering I only had 3 guessers, I think I made my first (and for now only) blog contest too hard. Live and learn! It was fascinating to see what everyone guessed though. Thank you all and see you online.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I was WAY off!!! HAHA! Congrats to Adrienne.

Batty said...

Lovely birthday goodies! Happy Yarn... I mean, birthday (if a little late).

adrienne said...

yippee! as it is, i think we really live less than a mile from each other. pretty scary, huh? do you think if we really combined our stashes that they would automatically start multiplying?!

and stilaholic is still not letting me know where she lives...she wants to meet at starbucks...we just have to figure out which one as we have 4 in town. and, no, we will not let anyone know the day or time. grin.

Knitting Kris said...

What pretty yarn! And a fun contest! Congrats Adrienne! And contrats to Nartian for a neat contest.....
Now go knit the yarn!

tapmouse said...

Well, and even though I was there and probably still would not have done as good a job on the guesses as Adrienne, I just wouldn't have felt right entering this contest!-lol! Too close to home! You know, like the contest rules read, "not eligible if..."

cupcakefaerie said...

Darn, I missed all the contest fun! Lovely yarn haul!