Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Pair of Socks of 2008

Barely.


Pattern: Slipped Stitch Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Elderberry from a lys in Sacramento when they had a brick & mortar presence
needle: size 2 (2.75 mm) KP circs
sock size: Mens 13N (thank goodness for the "narrow" part)
Mod: skipped the garter stitch edge on the heel flap - too fiddly for me

Now on to my current sock WIP:


Pattern: Merlot Vine Sock by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Twist Fiber Art in Arial
needle: 2.50 mm KP circs

Keeping the short row heel due to the ombre striping nature of the hand-dyed yarn. Otherwise, rather prejudiced against the short row heel due to fit issues.

And now I digress into gifted yarny goodness:


Tapmouse gave me a test skein of mmm-Malabrigo Gusanito in Azul Seco for x-mas. She got it from Imagiknit in SF. Clearly, Imagiknit's got a direct line to the folks at Malabrigo since they also had the test skeins for their other new yarn, Dos, which I'm not clear is another sock yarn or not. I'll have to re-read the Malabrigo Junkies thread on Ravelry to refresh my memory.


And look! Another awesome colorway from the mad dyeing genius that is Tina of Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Irishgirlieknits gave this skein as a b-day present. Now I have to start an unofficial campaign to ask Tina (politely!) to put Sea Mar up on the website so I can return the favor.

Thank you, my sweet knitting buddies!


Lastly, I was so tied up in holiday stuff that I totally forgot I qualified to be in Woolgirl's Wooly Woolgirl Club. I received the kit right on Christmas Eve and was confounded 'cause I thought I didn't have another order due. LOL! Love all the goodies and the special holiday-themed hand-dyed Leili yarn.

Wishing everyone a Hauoli Makahiki Hou! Happy New Year!

6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Don't you just love that Woolgirl!! Of course, I'm a bit concerned that you are just now becoming a wooly woolgirl member....hehehehe...I was one last year (goodness...probably why I have a sock stash problem!).

Love the socks!! And how pretty are the new ones!!

Here's to a happy happy new year dear friend!!! Big hugs!!

Discoknits said...

Gasp! That Sea Mar colourway is fabulous. And the blue Malabrigo too - that looks nice and squishy.

Happy New Year!
:0)

Knitting Kris said...

Happy New Year! I love those socks, especially the Ombre ones - they are fabulous! Nice choice of yarn and pattern!
Lovely STR - what colorway is that?

Unknown said...

OMG! Sea Mar is GORGEOUS!!! You lucky girl.

Happy New Year!!!

Batty said...

Happy New Year! Those socks squeaked by at the last minute, but they look great. And all that yarny goodness! STR really does have the most amazing colors.

tapmouse said...

WOW! SEA MAR? I don't think I saw it, did I? Must. see.