Monday, December 08, 2008

We Can Walk Through A Rainbow

Just in case there are any Rockin' Sock Club stragglers out there, don't scroll past my Anemones.


Pattern: Cloning Anemones by Team Blue Moon
Pattern size: Medium
Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Tide Pooling
Needle size: 2.50 mm KP nickel plated dpns
Mod: reduced number of foot stitches to 64, not 60

Mother of .... To reference a very popular book & movie among the teen set, this pattern can be likened to a sadistic lion. Well, technically, only every fourth row of the pattern can. But I am a stupid lamb as I actually finished this pair.


And just in time to get my last 2008 Rockin' Sock Club kit. Tapmouse and I were going to take pics of our skeins together to see if and show any subtle differences between our "rare gem"-ish type skeins, but we forgot our digital cameras. We'll have to see how well tapmouse's camera phone takes photos. Or we can try again this week. I won't be casting on immediately given that while I'm knitting socks, they're gift socks. And both of us had "fog" on our ball band, so appropo for the place we live.

We can walk through a rainbow
Smiling faces as we go



We can climb on a sunset
Hold the rain
Let it get us wet



We can walk through a rainbow
Make a wish
And let it go


partial lyrics courtesy of Olomana (the sweet harmonies of Jerry Santos and the late Robert Beaumont)

5 comments:

Angeluna said...

Really nice socks. I need to attack mine and get them done. Muddy Autumn Rainbow is gorgeous, don't you think?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I can't believe you finished the Anemones too!! You rock! I'm hoping to finish some club socks once the holiday knitting is complete :)

Christine P. said...

Wow! Impressive anemones! I gave up after the 2nd repeat. I can't master cables without cable needles! I have found a "faux anemone" pattern that I may have to try one day.

Knitting Kris said...

Lovely socks. I haven't knit a single RSC kit yet, but these last two skeins have been my very favorites! I absolutely love Muddy Autumn Rainbow!

cupcakefaerie said...

Oh, such beautiful socks! Mine are still patiently waiting to be knit.