Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Is it Friday yet?


Who knew the SnB Nation drop stitch scarf would be a black hole kind of project. The end is near I think. Maybe by next week. And whatever yarn I have left over will go to fringe, I think.

Speaking of black holes, I came across this entry in a blog about the pinwheel blanket and I'm only on row 70! OMG! Shoot me now.


So what do I do? I cast on for yet another project. This time the child's cotton hat in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. But it is a stash-busting project, abeit a single skein one. At least I'm trying to whittle down my stash!

A little kitten has lost her mitten and mommy doesn't know where to find it. In any case, when I crocheted the pair (pre-knitting days) I screwed up the gauge and one was a tad smaller than the other, not to mention the wonky thumb section. And in any any case, the pair is slated to be placed in a charity location since the monkey's hands were already too big for this baby size I crocheted. I'll just need to find another way to kill the other full skein of this Lion Brand Jiffy yarn I found in my closet. Arrgggh! I thought I only had a 1/2 skein of this horrid yarn left.

No comments: