Thursday, May 11, 2006

Put a fork in me.

The hat is done.

specs:
pic shows hat unwashed/unblocked and still to have the 2 ends weaved in & the remaining yarn from the skein
Pattern: Hat from Kate Gilbert's Pea Pod Set in Summer 2006 Interweave Knits
Size: largest (18 mo, 171/4")
Yarn: Debbie Bliss cotton cashmere in grey (04) since it was in my stash as opposed to the green called for in the pattern
Needles: size 5 dpn's

So this is my first knitted object in which the pattern utilized a chart to show the lace pattern. I originally intended this to be a gift for monkey1's teacher but the misplaced holes from my bad attempt to fix my error doing the leaf lace set-up portion is bugging the heck out of me. That and I don't like the yarn. It's *crunchy* and splitty. Well, I hoping it softens up when I wash it, but I think I'll just keep the hat for monkey2 and as a lesson learned for me. I totally want to knit the hat again along w/the matching sweater, but probably in a different yarn, and definitely in a pretty green.

No comments: