Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yay! Almost done.


Finished the pinwheel blankie this long holiday weekend. Now all I need is to get the yarn for the crocheted floret trim and I'll be officially done. But just in case I can't find the appropriate color, I didn't bind off the last stitch. Since that little bit of yarn is all I have left I didn't want to cut it off in case I need to rip back 2 rounds to do the edging in the CTH Twister yarn. Who knows if I can't find the right color for the edging and actually need that little bit of yarn leftover. Otherwise I'm done with the 430 stitches! Whee!

As for my-so-called-scarf, I finished the first hank, spit-spliced the second hank on and hope to finish the scarf sometime in the next month. Definitely will shoot for the July 4th weekend to finish it off if I don't before then. As for now this week will be devoted to the second secret baby gift and then the August b-day scarf.

After I get the yarn for the pinwheel blankie edging I will officially go on a yarn-buying moritorium for 6 months. Not only do I have my second Webs order coming (as soon as their OOS stuff comes in 2-3 weeks), I have a couple skeins of Brown Sheep cotton fleece from Yarnware.com and I just bought a bunch of yarn from Whispering Willows in Escalon yesterday. This cute store is going out of business and had their yarn and accessories marked down 40%. So I got their 5 skeins of Cascade Pima Tencel in 1317 bright pink (for monkey2 maybe?), their 5 (or was it 7?) skeins of Cascade 220 in 7809 periwinkle (for a felted bag maybe along w/my other Cascade 220), and in their Cascade Cherub DK: 5 skeins of light pink (I think #15, not #4) for something for monkey2, 6 skeins of #28, a fuchsia pink (something for monkey1), 1 skein of white & 1 skein of black for a piratical hat for monkey1's friend. Also got size 3 dpns, size 7 in 24" circulars, and a set of needle point protectors. I think I would bought more 'cept a lot of their colors didn't tempt me for some reason, especially the 5(6?) skeins of Cascade Pima Silk in #6898 green, the 7 skeins of Cascade Cotton Rich in #2550 blue and the 2 skeins of mint green Lion Brand Cotton Ease which was dc'd a year or 2 ago and is a great lemming item for a lot of knitters. Well, there were a couple more yarns 'cept there wasn't enough skeins for what I thought I would use them for (eg 2 skeins of Cascade Pima Tencel red #7478).

Oh wait, maybe I need to see if either of my Cascade 220's in periwinkle or dark periwinkle will work for the pinwheel blanket. If so, then I'm already officially on a no-buy. Sigh.

No comments: