Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Still on Hawaiian time

How much knitting I can get done on the flight from Oakland to Honolulu:


Left:
Yarn - Crystal Palace Panda Cotton Painted Iris
needles - size 1 (2.25 mm) Clover dpns
pattern - Menehune Cobblestone socks

Right -
Yarn: Classic Elite Star from my first & only Patternworks grab bag buy last year
needles: Clover size 8 dpns
pattern: Arizona Flip Flop Socks

I didn't get a chance to knit at the wedding reception as we were too busy doing stuff. But I did manage to get the requisite "travel sock at the wedding reception" pic.


Did the second AZ flip flop (or as they're called "slippah") sock during the trip and finished it off at mom's the day before I flew back.


Not too thrilled at how loose the Star knitted up, but Monkey1 thinks they make great wrist-warmers so they stay & won't be ripped & re-knit.


Didn't get too much of the Menehune Cobblestone sock knit on the trip back as I developed a headache and I won't be working on it 'til after I finish the left Balance sock and the re-do of the first Twisted Flower.

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love the wedding reception shots! Looks like it was a great wedding (I totally go by cake and decorations..hehehe). The socks all look fabulous! Hope you had a great time!

Batty said...

Looks like you (and the sock) had a fabulous time at that wedding.

dobarah said...

Great socks! What was the filling flavor on the cake?!

Unknown said...

It's tiramisu from Eldin's Bakery. In Honolulu, HI, of course.

Mokihana said...

Love da slippah socks! I'm gonna make some for me even though I now live on da mainland!

Mokihana