Saturday, August 04, 2007

Semi-FO's

Horcrux sock #1 done!
Yarn: Yarn Botanika super merino tencel "DK" weight from One Planet in Pine Forest
needles: size 1 (2.25 mm) Susan Bates dpns
mods: extra 15 rows after the lightening bolt section, longer heel section converted in Sl st insted of St st, ended toe decrease a row early as I'm not so pointy-toed.

And the knitting is done on my Something Red!

Yarn: Knitpicks (KP) Main Line in Red Velvet Cake from their sale last year - 12 skeins
size: 39
needles: size 8 KP Options
mods: extra 1" in the bodice section, 3/4 length sleeves

I reinforced the buttonhole and it's now washed & drying. I may to need to find a button as all my spare buttons in my sewing basket are 1" and the pattern recommends 1.5" button. I'll probably sew on the 1" button as an interim measure.

If the collar edges on the bottom still roll, I'll probably cheat and add a row of crocheted slip stitches to stabilize it. Don't want to add more in case it adds to much length in comparison to the rest of the cardigan bottom, but as it is, the rolling makes the collar edge look too short.

I have more thoughts on this cardie, but I think I'll voice them when it's dry and I can post some kind of modelled shot.

Next up (besides socks): Ribby Pulli - doing a mini-KAL w/tapmouse. More ribbing :p, but at least it's in wool. It'll be in purple too, so it'll count as my next Project Spectrum.

3 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

The Horcrux sock is awesome and Something Red looks great!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

The Horcrux sock looks fabulous! Great job!!

Can't wait to hear more thoughts on the Something Red. I have yarn and the pattern for but have yet to get to it. Yours looks great! Busy girl! Great job!

Batty said...

Love the Horcrux sock, and Something Red is one of my favorite patterns ever because both the color and fit are dead sexy. Can't wait to see what it looks like as a FO!