Saturday, April 03, 2010

Drive By Post

We've got 2 milestone birthdays, so this'll be quick (links to be added later). But as usual, I'm showing latest Rockin' Sock Club kit after a couple STR projects.


November 2009 RSC kit
yarn: BMFA STR lightweight in Blackbird
pattern: Raven Swirl by Cookie A
needles: 2.25 mm KP nickel-plated dpns
left sock


Unintential mod:
Extra repeat of the cuff. I actually had done way more repeats, but did not rip back all the way. Working on the right sock now.


yarn: BMFA STR lightweight Rare Gem mill end from the Once in a Blue Moon sale
pattern: Traveling Woman
needles: size 6 & 8
mod: 3 reps of Chart A
13 g leftover

Inspired to cast on after Stitches West by Cockeyed the Sockateer.


Love the March 2010 RSC kit.


I'll probably do Irishgirlie's pattern w/this shipment of yarn and do Janel's with some other spring colored STR in my stash.

6 comments:

Zonda said...

Love the sock! Of course your Traveling Woman too ;)

Batty said...

Beautiful sock. The colors you picked for the shawl are amazing. And this year, I'm extra bummed I didn't do the STR sock club. All the patterns have been beautiful.

Anonymous said...

awesome! love the sock and the shawl! cant wait to do mine!

Happy day!

Lindsay said...

Such beautiful projects! I've been admiring that shawl on Ravelry for awhile and can't wait to get to it....once I *finally* decide on a color. Ugh.

tapmouse said...

The Traveling Woman turned out so well! And so did the sock! Remember-I actually KNOW where my blackbird yarn is so if you need it to finish, I can provide.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Beautiful sock, but wow oh wow that traveling woman is just gorgeous!!!

So pretty!! Hope birthday weekend was fun :)