Thursday, August 23, 2007

Horcrux socks


Yarn: Yarn Botanika super merino tencel "DK" weight from One Planet in Pine Forest
needles: size 1 (2.25 mm) Susan Bates dpns
mods:
extra 15 rows after the lightening bolt section
longer heel section converted in Sl st insted of St st & more "normal" heel turn instead of the narrow rectangular one in the pattern
ended toe decrease a row early as I'm not so pointy-toed

I'm in the midst of knitting my second Menehune sock so I can have 2 pairs of socks done while I'm off this week. I'm also intermittently working on my Ribby Pulli and Monkey1 & 2's Red Riding Hood. It's technically done according to the pattern, but I'm extending the collar out into a capelet. I'm increasing on the fly, so it's looks like it'll fit Monkey2 more than Monkey1.

2 comments:

tapmouse said...

EXCELLENT! The Horcrux's are done! They look awesome!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

They look absolutely fabulous!! Maybe by the time the next movie comes out I'll cast on and finish a pair!! Until then, I'll enjoy looking at yours! Great job!