Saturday, July 03, 2010

Vancouver test knit

All done & Sam's got her pattern up on Ravelry.


Because BMFA's BFL Sport is out of stock while they wait for the mill to deliver more, I had to substitute my yarn. I was trying to knit from my stash which didn't quite work, so I ended up buying more yarn from a lys. Due to test knit time constraints, I didn't want to order online & be late in finishing.


Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh DK (formerly worsted) in
Nikko Blue (main color) - 2.2 skeins
Chamomile (contrast color one) - 1.6 skeins
Magenta (contrast color two) - 1.6 skeins
needle size - 9 & 10.5 KP Harmony circs to get gauge


Monkey2 loves the Nikko Blue so much that she's got dibs on her new "blankie." :D


I also finished another test knit, but its not shareable 'til I get the go ahead from the designer. So in the meantime, I have made progress on my Cascadia sock from the Jan 2010 Rockin' Sock Club kit. I'm doing the medium size on size 1 (2.25 mm) KP circs & it seems to fit well so far,


Love the color and going toe up keeps me on my toes (sorry, couldn't resist!) with my knitting.

2 comments:

dianne said...

Vancouver looks great! I love the colors you put together for it and your model is adorable :-)

The cascadia's are coming along nicely too. Mine are resting right now. I can't decide if I should rip back to fix foot length issue or frog completely and change size. I'd love to hear how much give the leg has when you get that far.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Your Vancouver looks fabulous Celia!! So pretty!! And how I love little Monkey model :)

Cascadia is lookin' good to. I haven't started mine yet.