Tuesday, October 26, 2010

knit.sock.love

I'm so excited that Cookie A has her new book out on her website available for hard copy pre-order and pdf download. I knit one sample pair and test knit another:


new pattern: Wedge


yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Mr Greenjeans

size 2.50 mm KP circs

I loved how Mr Greenjeans knit up so much in this pattern that I saved my own skein of Mr Greenjeans for my own pair.  I'll be digging this out of my stash & winding this up to knit ASAP.
Also in her book are 12 (I think) previously published patterns that were re-written for more sizes and different presentation.  In some cases, like the Thelonious sock pattern that I test knit, Cookie improved the charts so they're much easier to read.  I bought the original Thelonious when it was first released, but never got around to it since I wanted to find a good copier that could increase the chart size w/o losing print integrity.  The charts had all the sizes on it & were hard to read in their original size. 

However, my caveat is that attention to marker placement is a must for Thelonious and also Strikken, based on a few comments by other test knitters working on Strikken concurrently with us Thelonious test knitters.
While I've only taken pics of the first sock for the test knit, the pair is completed.

pattern: Thelonious (knit.sock.love version)
yarn: Shelridge Farms Soft Touch Heather in Highland Mist
size: medium
needles: 2.25 mm Signature Stilletto dpns
mods: none since I was test-knitting

3 comments:

Discoknits said...

I LOVE the wedge socks. What a neat design. And the Mr Greenjeans striped beautifully.
:0)

Knitting Kris said...

You are my sock knitting hero! Look at all those beautiful socks! I just love the Mr. Greenjeans....I would never think to pick that colorway, but you've done it such justice!

Batty said...

I love Mr. Greenjeans. Great use of stripy yarn, and the pattern itself doesn't look like it's boring to knit, which is often a problem with patterns for stripy yarn.

The wedge sock is lovely. Very classy.