Sunday, January 14, 2007

Two fish...


2 fish, originally uploaded by crochet_chick.

now I have a pair of blue fish! (Apologies to Dr. Seuss.)

Pattern: Pomatomus by Cookie A published in knitty.com
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Jay, 1 skein, 100 g/294 yd
Needles: KP size 1 (2.50 mm) dpns
Mod: omitted last repeat of Chart A (leg)

I finally finished these socks w/a little bit of yarn to spare. I was definitely nervous about running out of yarn halfway through knitting the second sock. I was starting to knit tighter on the second sock because of it, but not too much as there's negligible difference in feel between the two socks.

I'm glad I chose to finally knit these socks in the yarn tapmouse gifted me as it reminds me of our Thanksgiving visit to Hawaii, especially our trip to the Maui Ocean Center.

Next up - back to the STR Christmas Balls Retro Rib sock that I started x-mas day, monkey2's second pink sock from a pattern in the second little Vogue sock book, and my darn SKB that I need to calculate and knit my darts into. :P I am so tempted to cast on another sock, but I can't decide what yarn in my stash to play with.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Your socks are beautiful!
I've decided that I won't knit with this yarn because I really dislike knitting toe up socks and with my big feet I just know I'd run out of yarn. I know that panicky feeling when you think you're going to run out on the second tow.

One word of advice about the Fancy Silk Sock - you might want to knit the cuff on a size larger needle. It comes out awfully tight otherwise. Going up a needle size to make the cuff made a big difference for me.

Batty said...

I love how they came out in blues! It's such a pretty pattern, I may try toe up knitting just to have a pair.