Friday, January 19, 2007

Pretty in pink


Pattern: Girl's Anklet Socks in Vogue Knitting on the Go Socks Two
Yarn: Louet Gems Opal Pink Panther from Yarn's (in Alameda) closing sale
Needle size: KP size 1 (2.50 mm) dpns

A very cute, girly, quick pair of socks to make. Monkey1 has already outgrown her Dublin Bay socks, so I need to undo the toes and add another 0.5-1.0 in to the foot w/a second skein of Claudia's Handpainted. So much for trying to stick to one skein!

I do need to get back to my STR x-mas ball Retro Rib socks, but I've been sidetracked in trying up the toe-up method using Judy's magic cast on and tapmouse's left-over STR Fairgrounds (med wgt) from the STR Sock Club. I initially tried this method w/a set of dpn's and it was ugly and went nowhere fast. Then I did try again w/a provisional cast on, but messed up on the size, so ripped back again.

I'm knitting socks for monkey1 'cept she doesn't like this colorway!!!! I suppose I could rip back & size it down for monkey2, but I simply don't feel like it. I'll probably finish and save them for when monkey2 does grow big enough for them.

But I love the Fairgrounds color so much I got the lightweight for one of my April/May Project Spectrum projects. By that point I'll have figured out what pattern to use as I don't want to use the STR Sock Club Rock and Weave pattern since that's done w/the medium weight. It's a cute pattern though.

No comments: