Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wandering Wednesday

The lovely Sherry from Brooks Farm Yarn mailed me little samples of their solid colored yarn ('cept Black 'cause that's a no brainer) so I can figure out what their Brick looks like and to see if I want to order a different color instead. Left to right is their solids in Teal C, Blue C, Brown C, Brick, and Red C. I'm so glad she mailed me samples 'cause Brick is rather bright and so not what I would want. The Red C has a raspberry tinge to it, but still a no for me, but I'm actually tempted by the Brown C in addition to the Teal C (no surprise there). Therefore, I think I'll be ordering their Teal C for sure for my Glampyre Simple Knitted Bodice soon.

And tapmouse is happy as I'm definitely being drawn into sock knitting. I've seen her winning named Socks That Rock (STR) Puck's Mischief in person and it is a gorgeous colorway! She showed me a couple of the other winning named Midsummer's Night's Dream themed colorways through the STR KAL and Love-in-Idleness is another beauty.

I knit my first lesson sock from Sensational Knitted Socks which I got over the holiday weekend. Tapmouse asked if I'm going to donate the sock since it's a tad too small for monkey2 and I will have to say I hadn't thought about that. Of course, that would mean I would need to knit up another one so there will be a pair to donate. In the meantime I need to finish my 3rd pair of my Ugg booties for my sister's friend. Then I'll be working on my first official pair of sock in KP Simple Stripes in Snapdragon w/either the KP Options dpns in either the 1 or 2 just as soon as I get around to swatching them.

No comments: