But before I let my feelings about that out, an update on my whole Russian join question I posted on the knitty board and on the KAL. So last night I went ahead and did a Russian join after reading everyone's comments on the knitty board and it worked out really well, much better than I thought it would considering it's my 1st ever Russian join. It feels a little thicker, but it's not really noticeable to me when I knitted it into the lace pattern. Of course, it's not blocked yet, so it may be a different story later, but it looks much better than the screwed section I have before it.
It's a bit gray this morning, so my pic is a little too dark, so I'm not sure it's sharp enough to see where I knitted the join in. And there's the issue of the screwed up section as well. I had made a mistake and in the process of trying to fix it, I over-corrected myself so I'll have one mutated lotus blossom (or Alien head as it's being called). Oh, an pardon the red thread lifeline. I ran out of floss to actually use on my teeth, so I obviously didn't have any to use as a lifeline. DH took his fishing tackle box to my mil's cabin, so no fishing line available to use. I so need to find my ancient crochet thread monkey1 "borrowed" but since it's blue too maybe I just need to bite the bullet and buy more crochet thread or more than 1 thing of dental floss. :P
In any case, I got some heart-breaking and sad news about a beloved little family member who passed away this morning, so I doubt I'll be able to see clearly enough to do any knitting, let alone try to fiddle w/the digi cam.