Thursday, July 06, 2006

A wee little FO

I love quick little knits. I finished the Petal Bib from One Skein last night. This pic shows the Apricot color much better than yesterday's pic. It just needs to be washed & blocked. Up next, the Petal Bib in my leftover KP Shine Sport in Butter and maybe even from my 1 full leftover skein of Blush.

I was bad and broke my yarn buying moritorium at the Article Pract summer sale yesterday at lunch with my friend. Probably because I was thwarted in my purchase of enough Debbie Bliss cotton cashmere from the Halcyon Yarns sale. I needed lots for the monkeys' projects. While I resisted the lure of the Noro Kochoran and Iro and the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed that were 25-35% off, I ended up w/the lot above from the back room. On the left are 6 skeins of Rowan All Seasons Cotton in Citron, more than enough for monkey2's Lucky cardigan from Rowan Pipsqueaks book. I think I even have enough if I want to do Fletcher instead. On the right is a whole bag of Classic Elite Yarns Star yarn in Indian Paintbrush. Definitely more than enough to do Emily from Magknits. And the cute bolero pattern on the top from Sirdar was only $1. A total bargain and the sizing goes up to a 5-6.


Which brings me to some of the single skein yarns in my stash from my Patternworks end of the year cotton (hah!) grab bag. I'm debating on if I should swap just a couple of these or all of them. Going counterclockwise from top left are:

Rowan Big Wool Tuft in Shiver (#56, lot #131) - only enough for some funky edging. I simply don't like.

Rowan Big Wool in Cloak (#34, lot #142) - More than enough for a hat, but am afraid I won't be able to get rid of the Big Wool Tuft if I don't offer this to go w/it.

Berroco Metallic Fx in Silver (#1002, lot #083) - Just so not me.

Plymouth Wildflower DK in Olive (#76, lot #63) - sometimes I think it's an interesting shade, sometimes I think it's just a tad too puke green. Debating on this one. I can make a bucket hat out of it for a little toddler/boy since I have the basic pattern in the Plymouth Babies & Toddler book, so I don't know.

No comments: